Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring is trying to spring forth

Well, you can tell that the weather has been pretty good around here, since I am spending less and less of my free time at the computer. With the warm up here, we have been riding our bikes quite a bit. That is a great exercise for me, since you can coast once in a while. We rode throughout German Village this past weekend. We rode to the grocery store, the park and then to dinner Saturday night. We didn't have the time change yet, so coming home was a little dark. It won't be anymore, though. My son and I are trying to invent a way to haul one bike with another so I can drop him off at school and take his bike with me. There is no place to park the bike at the school (yet).

I am also walking more. Overall, this "mild" exercise seems to be helping me. During the last round of warm weather a few weeks ago, I was really pushing myself, and then I paid for it with even more pain than normal. Now I actually feel like I have a little more energy, although I am not quite ready to give up my mid-morning nap!

I am also trying to de-clutter my life. It's like doing personal spring cleaning. I am trying to clearly identify what needs to get done, get things that have been sitting done, and get rid of the rest. It helps clear my mind, reduce stress, and I feel better. I am feeling somewhat optomistic about my overall health now. Of course, having said that, I just set myself up for something, I'm sure.

Well, back to de-cluttering......

No comments:

Post a Comment