Friday, March 19, 2010

Weather is helping

As you know if you are living with fibromyalgia, weather can be such an important factor.  When the weather is changing so much, like it is now, you just feel like you are at the mercy of the weather.  When there is a beautiful warm day, you feel great.  And then it gets cold again.  Or too hot.  Or it starts to rain.  For me, this is the time of year when I need to remember my routine and stick to it.  As soon as the weather is great, I start walking outside instead of my indoor exercise routine.  But then, when the weather turns, I am not walking as much and my indoor routine has become an activity of the past.  It feels like work to incorporate it into my day again, since I had used the walking to accomplish things, like walking to the grocery store or the office.

This is the challenge for people with fibro.  At least for me.  I have to constantly remind myself to get so much cardio into my day and so much stretching.  Today, I have done none of the above, and, frankly, I am pretty achy.  And my seasonal allergies are kicking in, so I feel like I deserve a break.  How quickly I forget that a break from my routine will make me worse.  And then it will take several days of commitment to get back on track.

Living with fibro is a journey and you need to keep on track, I guess.  So while others are happy to see spring coming (and I am too), it is still a challenge to keep on track.  Once spring weather is fully in place, I know that I will have my outdoor routine.  It is a challenge, but the rewards are great.

Keep going, keep doing and keep living.....

No comments:

Post a Comment